Get Flash

Monday, January 08, 2007

I Hope y'all Enjoyed your Christmas Turkey!!



Well my bredrins and sistrins may I wish you a rather belated happy christmas and a happy new year!

Christmas here was rather strange in 35 degree celcius heat - I felt distinctly unchristmasy. For breakfast that day we had the special treat of matoke and g'nut sauce (yes - for breakfast!) but the best was yet to come! As you lot were tucking into your turkey, roast tatties, roast veg, pigs in blankets, gravy, mince pies, christmas pudding and custard I was enjoying the very christmas like meal of sausage, egg, beans and chips!! (See pictures) Can you imagine! I was told by many people I would have to make sacrifices as a missionary - they weren't wrong!

Anyway, I did enjoying being with all the White Eagle Children, Workers and Duncan and Mary. In the morning some of us visited the local hosital to give out some food and drink and pray for the sick. It was quite and eye opener and to be honest made me realise how lucky we all are - therefore I suppose I shouldn't really complain about my Christmas meal!

I hope you all have a seriously bombastical and blessed 2007!

No comments: