Get Flash

Monday, October 15, 2007

Our 7 New Residents!

We have 7 new residents at River of Life Church, and they are of the furry nature! Last week Jack the dog (named by one of our boys who obviously didn't bother to look at its bits and see what sex it was!) gave birth to 7 puppies. I now have 6 new bredrins and 1 new sistrin! Brap!





I may however be one of the only people that is excited about this as Uganda is certainly a country where the phrase "a mans best friend" would never be used of a dog, and animals are often not well looked after. this has therefore provided me with a great opportunity to try and teach our boys to treat animals with a bit of respect! So far a couple of the boys are doing a grand effort, feeding Jack so she can produce enough milk, keeping the puppies locked up in a store and protected from wild animals and even helping me build a kennel for them to sleep in.

we're not sure what we're going to do with them all yet, but I would like us to keep one and then give the rest to others who will look after them. Anyway, I haven't named them yet so once again the challenge is set down, 7 names are needed, so let me know your ideas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey ru'boy!! Loved reading the stories on your blog! The one about the cockroach had me filling the office with giggles! How about the seven dwarfs for the puppies?! Bless you mate - later. Rob G.

Jonathan Crow said...

I was thinking the Fellowship of the Ring but that's nine! Ok, here's our best attempt...Yomo for the female.
Fardil,Rankin, Gill, Opa, Bren, Zat, and Fhqwhgads (click link for pronunciation help) for the males.

Anonymous said...

boys, on, tour (then you could yell "boys on tour" to summon them!!)

Stephie said...

Good Job Jack your l'ttle ones are beautiful! Great job Tim on that chenil, I didn't know you had carpenting talents! Sure glad to read news from you and are your getting along. Take care, Love, Stephie