Get Flash

Tuesday, October 10, 2006

The Pork Factor - A Meaty Suprise!!


Yesterday was independence day here in Uganda. To celebrate we went to the farm and FEASTED on pork. I highlight the word feasted because it was a feast in more ways than one!

Firstly we ate pork in every shape and form. For the first phase we had BBQ pork (2 large skewers each – see photo!). The second phase was fried pork with onion and cabbage. The third and final phase was stewed pork with mountains of rice, matoke and sweet potato. It was the sweetest pork you could ever imagine, although today I’m paying slightly for it, as is everyone else in this internet cafĂ© if you know what I mean!! (Special smells my friends, special smells!)

There was also a feast for the eyes as I visited the piggery on the farm. When I came to the pen of the fattest daddee of all pigs I encountered an amazing site. So amazing I’ve given it its own blog entry below….behold the wonder my bredrins and sistrins, of what was the crowning glory of my day of meaty suprises!

No comments: