Get Flash

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Boy's Home Building Update!


many apologies goes out to one and all for the fact that I haven't updated my blog for alomost 2 months! Shocking!

Anyway, I had a fabulous Christmas back in the UK where I also enjoyed 2 weddings, the first a good friend's, and the second my eldest sisters both of which were botty-shakingly raggadoodoo!

Anyway, when I left Uganda at the end of December I left when the building work on the second phase of the Boys Home had just began. This includes a living room/dining room, 2 toilets, a shower and a kitchen.

7 years after the first 6 rooms of the boys home were completed it's fantastic to finally have the finances to continue with the building work. Of course, thanks goes out to all those who have given money to help us in this venture but I should say that we still need about another 14,000 pounds to complete the whole house in its entirity. So anyone with some spare money lying around wondering what to do with it, look no further - this is the project for you!!

Coming back 2 weeks ago I was pleasantly suprised at just how well the building work is going, some things take for ever in Uganda but thankfully not this project! Already the main structure is up and the roofing will be completed within a week or 2. I'll keep you all posted as the building continues!

No comments: