Get Flash

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

RABU'S BOMBASTICAL HIMALAYAN ADVENTURES!!

Writing this in retrospect a couple of weeks after returning from my Himalayan adventure I have to pinch myself to make sure it wasn’t all a sublime dream! It’s hard to believe that I was blessed enough to see 4 of the 5 world’s highest mountains in all their glory!

From the very beginning it was one amazing experience after another. Here is the briefest of summaries!
DAY 1 -

Starting with the crazy, bone jangling jeep ride up ridiculously steep hairpin bends, bouncing away in a way that made me thank God for stematol (an anti-sickness pill) we went into Nepal to start the trek. We only walked about 10km to reach our first night’s stop, a fantastic little village with very friendly locals. The evening finished with Pa, Ma and myself in fits of giggles as we all donned are nepali woolly hats to go to bed. They really are this years must have accessory darling!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wish I could have gone too! Good luck with the football tournament... let us know all the results!

Anonymous said...

i have one of those hats. i think they are very cool. they keep my hair warm in the cold north. elaine :-) x

Anonymous said...

Photos are cool made. Place loks stunning. Hope to see you when you come back.

Rob (Stevenage)

Jonathan Crow said...

You know my mother-in-law knit a hat for Liam that is somewhat similar to that. I think Jessie may have posted a picture of it on our blog.

Thanks for sharing the pics. It must indeed have been breathtaking!

J.